Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

How To Create a Workplace Recycling Program

I am fortunate to live in a community that recycles.We have separate bins for recycle and trash. I call it my clean trash and my dirty trash. Separate trucks come by each week to pick up the different bins. Even though I have been recycling for a decade it still surprises me just how much of my trash is recyclable. I would say 50% or more. I wish I could say that all my neighbors participate but some still see it as an inconvenience.

How To Create a Workplace Recycling Program

Choose a Recycling Coordinator
Pick Materials to Recycle
Decide Your Collection Method
Determine How it Will be Hauled Away
Set Up Recycling Bins and Guidelines
Monitor the Program
Promote Your Program Through Education
What Role Will the Custodial Staff Play?
Read Earth911 full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment